If you are looking for romantic ways to propose, you have come to the right place. Asking that special someone to marry you is an important event. This is the place to find the perfect way to propose.
There are a few things to consider before you choose the best way to propose. Would the two of you prefer a private or a public proposal? Both can be romantic and special.
The cost of a romantic wedding proposal can range from very little to quite extravagant and expensive. Consider how much you want to spend for this. You will find a romantic proposal idea that will fit your budget.
After researching romantic ways to propose, click on these links for wedding planning tips:
1. Create a romantic setting at home with roses,candles, and champagne. Tell her how much you love her, read her a poem, or sing a romantic song. Get down on one knee and ask her to marry you.
2. Have a friend set up a picnic in a park or on the beach for you, but keep it a surprise. Invite her for a walk. As you reach the picnic area, drop to one knee and propose. Then enjoy a romantic picnic for two.
3. Write your proposal and place in an old bottle. Carry this secretly in your pocket (or have a friend place the bottle on the beach at a predetermined location). Invite her for a walk on the beach. Stumble upon the bottle. Have her open the bottle. As she reads the note, drop to one knee and propose. This is one of the romantic ways to propose and it actually happened to my good friend. She loved it!
4. Have the bathtub ready for a bath with roses, candles, and champagne. Tie the engagement ring around a rubber ducky. When she discovers the ring, ask her to marry you.
5. Buy an animal she wants for a pet. Tie the ring around its neck. Propose as she finds the ring. A stuffed animal would work as well.
6. Play Hangman and use the phrase "Marry me".
7. Make a video of yourself telling her what you love about her and asking her to marry you. Pop in the video when the two of you are alone. What a great momento that video will become.
8. Create a free website online. Call it "Why I Love __". Display pictures of the two of you. Write captions for the pictures using the word "love" in the captions. End the website with the words, "Will you marry me?". Share the site with her.
9. Take a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride. Arrange in advance to have the driver stop in a secluded area. Get out of the carriage, drop to one knee, and ask her to marry you. This is a classic proposal, but one of the most romantic ways to propose.
10. Glide along the water in a romantic kayaking experience with Beach Shoot San Diego. They arrange a special note from you for your loved one to notice a "Message In A Bottle" floating out to sea. After opening it and reading your love note to her, you ask her to marry you. They also play your favorite songs and take professional photographs of this special moment. More Info
11. Spell out "Marry Me" with glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling over her bed. When she notices the words, ask her to marry you.
12. Order a personalized fortune cookie with the question, "Will you marry me?".
13. Plan a treasure hunt. Leave a trail of rose petals or chocolate kisses from one place to the next. Have a love note at each stop until she finds the ring and you on your knee ready to propose.
14. While giving her a foot massage, place the ring on one of her toes.
15. Show up on Halloween with a jack 0'lantern carved with "marry me".
16. Find a secluded beach. Draw a heart and write "Marry Me" inside the heart. When she sees it, drop to one knee and bring out the ring.
17. After dinner in a romantic restaurant, prearrange for the waiter to bring a dessert with "Will you marry me?" written on the plate with chocolate or raspberry syrup.
18. Place the ring in a small box. Place that box in progressively larger boxes. Wrap the largest box beautifully. Tell her, "This is a gift that will last a lifetime." When she reaches the ring, tell her how much you want to spend your life with her.
19. Lay a trail of votive candles from the door to the bed. Scatter rose petals over the bed. Have the ring wrapped and laying on the bed. Tell her you brought her a gift to let her know how special she is to you. As she opens it, ask her if she will marry you.
20. Click here to take a look at the top ten romantic dates in San Diego. Any one of these dates might make the perfect setting for a romantic proposal.
21. Bake her a cake with writing on the top that asks, "Will you marry me?"
1. During a night of dancing at a nightclub, arrange for them to give you a microphone for you to propose.
2. Arrange for a skywriter to write a message in the sky while you enjoy a picnic in a park or on a beach. You could also hire a plane to pull a "Marry Me" sign.
3. Purchase an ad at your local movie theater, sporting event, or shopping center.
4. Arrange for family and friends to meet for a party or other event. Have each one of them wear a letter to spell out the words, "Will you marry me?" At the right moment, have them stand in the correct order, drop to one knee and ask her to marry you.
5. If you play on a sports team together, choose a time during the game (such as a time out) when you can stop the game, drop to one knee, and propose. This is another of the romantic ways to propose that really happen to a good friend. She couldn't have been happier.
6. Send a singing telegram to her at work. Choose a love song or song that is special to the two of you. When the singers leave, enter her workplace with a bottle of champagne, roses, and a ring.
7. Take out a full page ad in the local newspaper.
8. Contact a local radio station. Make arrangements to have them play your special song. Before they play the song have them tell your names and that say that you are in love and want to marry her. Be sure she is listening when it airs.
Were you proposed to in a unique way? Do you know someone whose proposal story stands out as being especially romantic? Share this story here. (Everyone wants to hear it!)
Click below to read about actual romantic proposals from my other visitors.
My husband came up with the most elaborate and creative way to propose! We both have a lot of family and friends who live out of our state, so he contacted …
Surprise Proposal Inside Museum
I just proposed to my girlfriend, now fiancee. It was a surprise engagement proposal that I did this past Saturday inside of a museum. I would like …
My husband and I decided to go to Disneyland for Valentines Day because it wasn't too gushy with romance. We had a blast going on all the rides and eating …
It's All In The Name
We were sitting on the couch watching T.V. and I told her I had a gift for her. I reached into my bag and pulled out a football jersey. I gave it to …